Saturday 5 December 2015

Looking to fit a power set for Kathleen.



The Kathleen and may was fitted with an auxiliary motor in  1931, although I have sails on order and intent to sail her i also want to fit the model with an auxiliary power set just to help her along and because I can.
I'm not sure what to fit but like the look of the Robbe sets used in their Schooner range.
I can't find any photos showing Kathleen and May's props and how the are positioned.










Looking into the hull via the cargo hatch.


 View inside the hull looking back towards the stern.


I will have to cut an access hatch at the rear but this will be covered by the wheel house and a cargo hatch.


 Luckily Fred fitted a rudder rod, can't think why because this was a static model.


View of the middle cargo hatch.


Decking planks removed at stern.



Access to the hull will be easy, I will refit the wheelhouse and hatch cover and keep as an access hatch.





No comments:

Post a Comment